Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Day 2 -- The Summary

Day two started with some time zone confusion. Apparently West Wendover is in the Pacific Time Zone, but the operate in the Mountain time zone out of choice. Interesting.

The day started out warm at 68 degrees at 6:30 a.m. As expected the participation rate for the ride was zero, due to the transient nature of the Wendover and it being a work day. 


It was a bit lonely in that parking lot.






















However, the sun rise was awesome.






















I arrived in Salt Lake City at around 8:00 a.m. so I hit Denny’s for some breakfast. This is the view from my table, please note the restricted parking sign – whoops.



















Today’s trip was meant to be 331 miles, but do to the loss of my seat cushion, I have to detour about 22 miles down to Harrison Eurosports, that make the daily total 353.























Stopped at the Flags West Truck stop for a physical brake and some lunch (French Dip, sans the bread) Basically meat and meat juice. Check it out: http://coffeecup.com/






















Another hour and I arrived at the Home2 suite by Hilton (awesome) where Maria and Brandon helped me find the Flags West in Google Earth, because I forgot the name and got me dialed in with directions for tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.